Friday, February 18, 2011

Bulletin Board Insert

We have a computer armoire that houses our main computer and all the other junk files etc. (which is a complete disaster at the moment). Each of the doors has this inset area that I thought would be great for bulletin boards. I purchased a set of four 12 x 12 cork squares a while ago and just kinda stuck them up. So one side had a complete cork area and the other just got the leftover square. Don't ask my why I didn't buy more squares.... I don't know why but I didn't.
I wanted to make new bulletin inserts for each door and cover them with fabric. So while I was at Jo-Ann's this morning I found this fabric that I LOVE! And I knew if I didn't go ahead and start this project I would probably never finish it. Ahem. I have many unfinished/not started/forgotten projects...

But I somehow forgot that I would need something to use on the side that only had one lonely cork square. Then I remembered a blog I saw somewhere a while back, where she used diaper boxes to recreate a Ballard Design board! Please forgive me. I can not remember the actual blog or I would gladly post a link! Whoever she is, she is a Genius!

Cardboard boxes to the rescue!

So the before picture...













I knew I needed it to be thick so I cut 2 pieces of cardboard to fit my door. And since I had 1 cork square on this side I used it too. I glued the cork and the smaller piece of cardboard together using spray adhesive.











Then I cut the fabric to fit and used the spray adhesive to adhere it to the cardboard.












And here it is finished!














Add some accessories!

I LOVE IT!














Now I just have to make one for the other side!

Thanks for checking out my blog!!!! Hope you all have a fabulous weekend!

~A


**Edit** I did actually finish the other side later that night! And a few months later, they are still holding up beautifully!

No comments:

Post a Comment