Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lamp Makeover

A few months ago we purchased new living room furniture and got rid of the enormous sectional that took up all the space in our teeny weeny living room. Yay! I then needed some lamps since I finally had room for end tables! I didn't want to spend a lot of $$$ so I hit up goodwill. (This way when my blue eyed monster knocks them off the tables I won't feel bad when they break!)

I, meaning my hubby, spotted these matching atrocities. Apparently I didn't take a picture of both of them, but you get the idea. And in case you can't tell yet, I am terrible at taking pictures! Sorry!














So after a good scrubbing and by using a little spray paint and some fabric, I turned them into these. And again, I apparently didn't photograph them together but there really are two of them!


Here are few photos of the process...




























This was my first attempt at revamping pretty much anything. I know. I know.
I'm thinking I need to just paint the whole lamp a solid color. The brass parts just aren't working for me.

1 comment:

  1. I love the shape and the shade. Thanks for linking to the party.

    ReplyDelete